Monday, July 18, 2011

Display Board for the Wolves of Fenris

I started work on my display board this weekend. I picked up an 18"x24" outside diameter cork bulletin board at Office Despot for too much money, and some 12" square cork tiles. After that, a quick trip to buy bigger brushes and some concrete patch meant that I was ready to get started... after a three hour Pullman civic theatre production of Rumplestiltskin.

I had all my figures out on the board, and marked up the surface so I knew where I needed flat space for troops to stand. I knew I wanted some elevation for the units in the back (Long Fangs and Scouts). I wanted some little elevated spots in the front so I could place my character models in a commanding position.

This is what I came up with:



Since I have taken this picture, I filled a number of seams with concrete patch, and painted watered-down wood glue over the cliff face to seal little holes and provide some durability. Later today I will be gluing down sand.

Edit: a pic I took at lunch, showing the concrete patch in place.




Magnus

No comments: