Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Imperial Knights WIP

I've got a posse of Imperial Knights in progress. Adding bigger and/or different rivets to the carapace, magnetizing all of the weapons, and coming up with new maelstrom cards for my tactical objectives deck has taken most of my hobby time this past month.
Now with extra rivets.
I used my microbead method for adding larger rivets to the carapace of the other three carapaces. When you've only got four big models taking up most of your points, it is important for them to look a little different from each other. I also redid the ladder rungs with paper clips, as the plastic bits are not great.
Magnetized! It took some effort to get this done with the magnets I had on hand. I was too impatient to wait for shipping on the right sized magnets.
I am not gonna lie. Magnetizing all those weapons was a righteous bitch. Definitely let the hobby gusto carry me along bad idea road for way too long. I really should have stopped and waited for the appropriate magnets, instead of using a weird combination of clipped nail heads and 1/8" x 1/32" magnets to get them working.

They work, and don't fall off when you move the models, but good lord it was not the best way to do this.

Canticles and IK objectives
I wanted to use the new IK objectives from the codex, so I printed them up in the same style as my existing DIY tac objectives deck. The canticles and warlord traits were done at the same time so I don't have to look them up. I can set them out on the board so I actually remember to use them!

Thanks for reading,
Magnus

No comments: